There are approximately 3 million vapers in Great Britain alone, 50% of which use their electronic cigarettes as a means to stop smoking once and for all or to gradually reduce their nicotine intake. But something you might not know about vaping is that it’s extremely competitive, and there are plenty of cool vaping tricks you can learn and show off to your friends, family and fellow vapers.
There’s no denying that some stunts are easier to master than others but – with a little practice – you’ll be nailing them in no time!
Here we look at some of the best vape tricks of all time and how to do them.
8 vaping tricks to try at home:
1.The Ghost (beginner level)
If you’ve been on the vaping scene for quite some time then we’re sure you’re familiar with ‘ghost tricks’.
Sometimes called the Ghost Hit or the Mushroom Inhale, it involves exhaling a cloud of vapour and then quickly sucking it back in.
This has to be one of the easiest tricks to try, and here’s how to do it:
- Take a drag from your e-cig and allow it to linger in your mouth for a few seconds.
- Open your mouth and create an O-shape to ensure it comes out in one short, round burst.
- As soon as the vapour leaves your mouth, inhale it back in and you should see a little ‘ghost’ of vapour.
2. The Dragon (beginner level)
Whilst it might look pretty tricky, this is undoubtedly one of the coolest – and simplest – vape tricks known!
The secret to the Dragon is to ensure that vapour erupts in four separate streams (both nostrils and the corners of your mouth) and to push it out as quickly as possible with some force.
Follow these two steps, and you’ll be looking like a fearsome dragon every time you vape:
- Take one long drag on your vape pen. As delicious as your eliquid may be, you mustn’t fully inhale the vapour.
- Exhale through your nose and both sides of your mouth – using your tongue or the central part of your lips to create a block in the middle of your mouth.
3. O Rings (intermediate level)
Exactly as its name implies, this trick involves creating the letter ‘O’ with vapour.
Learning how to blow O rings is an important technique to master if you’re to progress onto more advanced tricks, like double Os or triple Os, or even triangles.
If you’re wondering how to blow smoke rings, here’s your answer:
- Inhale the vapour from your e-cig and keep it in your throat. You should start small for your first few rounds, at least until you feel more confident to do fancier tricks.
- Rest your tongue at the bottom of your mouth.
- Keeping the lips tight, carefully curve them around your teeth to form an ‘O’ shape.
- Push the vapour out of your mouth by pulsing the back of your throat. The shape of the ring will depend on how you round your mouth when exhaling.
4. The French Inhale (intermediate level)
The French Inhale is a popular smoke trick that can be done with cigarettes or vapes. Commonly referred to as the ‘Irish Waterfall’, vapour flows upward from the mouth and is inhaled through the nose, creating a reverse waterfall effect.
Though it may take a few attempts to get right and make it look effortless, it’s super easy to do once you know how.
- Start by inhaling a large amount of vapour and hold it in your mouth. A top tip is to trap it at the back of your mouth using your tongue.
- Slowly open your mouth and allow the vapour to seep out naturally (avoid exhaling or blowing it out).
- Push out your lower lip slightly so the vapour can travel up towards your nose.
- Gradually move your tongue from the back of your mouth to the front – pushing all the vapour out.
- Breathe in through your nose and continue to push the vapour out of your mouth with your tongue.
5. Tornado (intermediate level)
Whilst there are many easy vape tricks to have a go at, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a more impressive stunt than the Tornado.
It entails whipping a flat pool of vapour on a surface using your hands, causing it to swirl like a tornado. It requires a skilful flick of the wrist but, other than that, it’s a fairly straightforward technique to learn.
- Find a flat surface and make sure that it won’t move. This is not a trick that can be done in the car!
- Inhale as much vapour as possible (the more, the better).
- Breathe out the vapour onto the table in front of you. If you’re a beginner, you might want to grab an empty kitchen/toilet roll tube so you can breathe down the roll in a more compact manner. Advanced vapers typically have more control and can exhale the vapour slowly, ensuring it doesn’t disperse.
- Once all the vapour is released, extend your hand and put it in the centre of the cloud. Then quickly raise your arm to create the rise and spin of a vapour tornado.
For the best results, you should consider using a vape pen or mod that produces a thick, still vapour.
6. The Bull Ring (intermediate level)
You’ve seen the rings that are put through a bull’s nose, right? Well, this trick teaches you how to create that same effect through your nose before you re-inhale the remainder of your vapour.
If you can blow Os no problem, then this shouldn’t take you too long to get the hang of.
However, before you show your fellow vaping friends, it’s a good idea to practice the Bull Ring in front of a mirror so you can see how it comes off and to make sure that it’s perfectly executed.
- Begin by taking a deep drag. Keep it in your throat and make sure your tongue is at the bottom of your mouth, towards the back of your throat.
- The next step is to create an ‘O’ shape with your lips and blow a medium-sized vapour ring.
- Lean forwards and inhale the vapour through your nose. This will create the illusion of a bull ring.
7. Triangles (advanced level)
Are you a pro at O rings? If so, you might be looking for something a little more challenging than creating round shapes…how about triangles?
Of course, your mouth cannot form this shape naturally, so it’s a vaping trick that requires you to use your hands.
- Create an O ring by taking a long drag on your vape pen.
- Use your hand to quickly tap on the side of the ring. This should bend it into a triangle.
Timing is crucial for this vape trick. Yes, you have to perform the taps rapidly to ensure you reconfigure the shape before it’s too late, but you also don’t want to break the ring.
8. The Jellyfish (advanced level)
As far as vape tricks go, this has to be the coolest and most difficult of all.
The idea is to create a small O in the middle of a larger ring to form a jellyfish.
It’s tricky but, master the Jellyfish and, you’re sure to add to your vaping credibility! Here are four simple steps to practice:
- Make sure you inhale enough vapour to blow two smoke rings.
- Blow one large O ring and use your hand to push the ring and slow its pace slightly.
- Blow a second O ring, only much smaller, and push it through the centre – forcing the two rings to combine and create that jellyfish shape as they spread out.
- Lean in and inhale all that is left.
Are you ready to hone your vaping skills?
Learning vape tricks can be lots of fun – whether you choose to do it alone or with a group of friends. But much like anything else, you need to make sure that you have all the necessary tools to do so.
From smart vape pens to sophisticated pod systems and advanced vape kits, we stock a vast range of e-cigarette hardware both online and at our vape stores at Cloudstix. We even provide mouth-watering e-liquid flavours, in a variety of nicotine strengths, from renowned brands like Steep Lyfe, Bad Juice and Vampire Vapes.
So, if there’s anything your vape collection is missing, or if you have any questions about the vaping tricks listed, call us on 0345 257 6544, and our experts will be more than happy to help.